No-Fail Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
Here’s a simple and tasty recipe for whole wheat bread that you’ll love. Just follow these tips to make sure your bread turns out amazing:
- Don’t go overboard with the flour! Adding too much can make your bread dry and less bouncy. Be mindful of the amount you add, and remember, it’s okay if the dough is a little sticky.
- Let it rise in a warm and draft-free spot. This will help the dough double in size and become fluffy. Keep it away from drafts, like near windows or doors, and find a cozy spot in your kitchen for it to rise.
- Happy baking! Once your bread is out of the oven, get ready to enjoy the delicious smell and taste of fresh whole wheat bread. It’s a rewarding experience to bake your own bread, and you’ll be proud of the result.
So go ahead and give it a try! Enjoy the process of making your own whole wheat bread and savor the satisfaction of enjoying a warm, homemade loaf. Happy baking! Enjoy your delicious whole wheat bread!
- 4 cups of warm water
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of dry yeast
- 3 cups of white flour
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of oil
- A pinch of salt (about 1/2 tsp)
- Mix the warm water, whole wheat flour, honey, and dry yeast in a large mixing bowl. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the white flour, spelt flour, oil, and salt to the bowl. Mix everything together with a spoon, and then use your hands to knead the dough until it comes off easily from the sides of the bowl. Be careful not to add too much flour, as the dough should be slightly sticky for the best results.
- Put the bowl with the dough in a plastic bag and place it under the oven light. Let it rise until it doubles in size, which usually takes about 30 minutes. Make sure there are no drafts near your dough.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide it in half and shape it into two loaves. Place the loaves in oiled bread pans and put them in the oven.
- Let the dough rise in the oven until it reaches your desired height, then turn the oven on to 350°F and bake the bread for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bread loaves from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy your homemade whole wheat bread!