This tasty salad is an excellent source of nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which are known to promote good vision and protect against age-related eye conditions.
- 1 beet, shredded (Use some of the leaves too)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 5 radishes, shredded
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 onion, shredded
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel, and shred beet and carrots.
- Wash and shred radishes and red cabbage.
- Peel the onion and shred.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 to 2 lemons over the vegetables, depending on how strong a citrus flavor you prefer.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix well, using your hands to massage the lemon juice and salt into the vegetables.
- Wash the bunch of parsley and cut it into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the salad.
- Toss everything together to distribute the flavors.
- Serve the German raw food salad and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the lemon juice and salt according to your taste preferences. Feel free to add any additional seasonings or ingredients if desired.